Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Duration: 2 Days
This two-day course will provide foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Azure services; security, privacy, compliance, and trust; and Azure pricing and support.
For private classes, please contact us at (852) 2116 3328 for more details.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define cloud computing and its key advantages.
- Explain public, private, and hybrid cloud models.
- Explain IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services.
- Identify core Azure architectural components, such as regions, geographies, and resource groups.
- Identify usage cases for Azure core services and products, such as virtual machines and storage.
- Identify usage cases for Azure solutions, such as the Internet of Things and Machine Learning.
- Identify what Azure management tools are available such as Azure PowerShell and the CLI.
- Describe virtual network security connectivity options such as Network Security Groups.
- Describe Azure identity authentication and authorization options.
- Describe usage cases for the Security Center, Key vault, threat and information protection options.
- Describe Azure policies and role-based access control.
- Describe usage cases for Azure Monitor and Azure Service Health.
- Describe privacy, compliance, and data protection standards.
- Use an Azure subscription.
- Plan and manage costs.
- Explain Azure support options.
- Describe Azure SLAs.
- Explain Azure service lifecycles.
This course is suitable for IT personnel who are just beginning to work with Azure. This audience wants to learn about our offerings and get hands-on experience with the product. This course primarily uses the Azure portal to create services and does not require scripting skills. Students in this course will gain confidence to take other role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator. This course provides an Azure pass and optional lab environment. This course combines lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. This course will also help prepare someone for the AZ-900 exam.
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
In this module, you will learn about cloud services, the types of cloud models, and the types of cloud services.
- Why Cloud Services
- Types of Cloud models
- Types of Cloud services
Module 2: Core Azure Services
In this module, you learn about Azure core cloud architectural components, Azure services and products, Azure solutions, and Azure management tools.
- Core Azure Architectural components
- Core Azure Services and Products
- Azure Solutions
- Azure management tools
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a virtual machine
- Lab : Walkthrough: Deploy Azure container instances
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a virtual network
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create blob storage
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a SQL database
- Lab : Waltkthrough: Implement an Azure IoT Hub
- Lab : Walkthrough: Implement Azure Functions
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a web app
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a VM with a Template
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a VM with PowerShell
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create a VM with CLI
Module 3: Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust
In this module, you learn about Azure security, identity, governance, monitoring, reporting, and standards.
- Secure network connectivity
- Core Azure identity services
- Security tools and features
- Azure governance methodologies
- Monitoring and reporting
- Privacy, compliance, and data protection standards
- Lab : Walkthrough: Secure network traffic
- Lab : Walkthrough: Implement Azure key vault
- Lab : Walkthrough: Create an Azure Policy
- Lab : Walkthrough: Manage access with RBAC
- Lab : Walkthrough: Manage resource locks
- Lab : Walkthrough: Implement resource tagging
- Lab : Walkthrough: Exploring the Trust Center
Module 4: Azure Pricing and Support
In this module, you will learn about Azure subscriptions, planning and managing costs, support options, SLAs, and service lifecycles.
- Azure subscriptions
- Planning and managing costs
- Azure support options
- Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Service lifecycle in Azure
- Lab : Walkthrough: Use the Azure Pricing Calculator
- Lab : Walkthrough: Use the Azure TCO Calculator
- Lab : Walkthrough: Open a Support request
- Lab : Walkthrough: Calculate composite SLAs
- Lab : Walkthrough: Access Azure Preview features